Computers keep your business running, but your computer is like a car- it needs regular computer maintenance to perform at its best. From the inside and out, your computer is a machine that is capable of amazing things, but it can’t do it alone. It needs your help, or the help of an IT solutions provider, to stay running at full capacity.
Use this checklist to stay up-to-date with the tasks you should do daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly to keep your computer functioning at its best.
- Virus/Adware/Spyware Scans
- Delete internet temp files
- Delete Windows temp files
- Windows Update
- Check for Other Software Updates
- Antivirus/Adware Software
- Data backups
- Empty the desktop Recycle Bin
- Delete cookies
- Run Disk Cleanup
- Run Disk Defragmenter
- Uninstall unused programs
- Clean the keyboard
- Clean the mouse
- Dust the computer monitor
- Dust inside the computer
- Renew antivirus subscriptions
Why Keep Up with Regular Computer Maintenance?
In the same way that your car will break down if you do not change its oil, check its fluids, and inspect the belts, your computer will suffer from performance issues if you don’t keep some form of routine maintenance schedule.
- Reduce security risks with properly updated applications.
- There are always new network threats- keep your antivirus updated.
- Free hard disk space from unnecessarily files.
- Improve your computer’s speed.
- Resolve internet browser problems.
In other words, like any machine, a computer needs a little bit of love to work the way it needs to.
Managed Services by Centre
Computer maintenance for an entire organization can be a difficult task for one person, but it shouldn’t have to be. If talk of handling system updates, antiviruses, and automatic backups makes you want to run for the hills, Centre’s Managed Services may be the solution for your business. For more information, contact us in any of our locations in Austin, Dallas, New Orleans, or Houston today!